20 facts about yourself:
Groan! Really? Didn’t this just go around FB awhile ago?
1) I am a huge sports fan. HUGE. I love hockey and football in that order. But I can be persuaded to watch basketball, especially during March Madness. Forget about baseball.
2) I am a PITTSBURGH sports fan. The Steelers and the Penguins. The Pirates have to get back into my good graces. Making the playoffs was a start.
3) I have wanted to “do something” in the health industry since I was a child. I practically grew up in the halls of Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh (now the dreaded UPMC Presby) when I was a kid because my dad and mom are both nurses.
4) I met my best friend on the planet when I was 8. We have been friends through EVERYTHING. Boys, crazy family, marriage (and in my case, divorce), and now kids. We live 1,500 miles apart, but we still keep in touch, frequently, and I know I can text/call/email her with anything at anytime and she will be there for me. As I will be there for her.
5) I met my husband on AOL in a teen chat room in 1997.
6) I have a very eclectic taste in music. I love the Los Lonely Boys, The Clarks, Pearl Jam, Eminem, Led Zepplin, The Who, Adele, Taylor Swift, and most “pop” music.
7) I rarely watch “mainstream” television. I watch live sporting events and The Walking Dead. And maybe a few documentaries on WWII or history. I have never seen an episode of Duck Dynasty, Honey Boo Boo, Grey’s Anatomy or any show like that.
8) First day on my driver’s permit, I crashed my mom’s car.
9) I used to have my tongue and belly button pierced. Like every girl my age in the late 90s.
10) I originally wanted to have four kids. Who knows…maybe there is still time for that..
11) I made all my flowers for my second wedding. With beads.
12) If I had more money and time, I would scrapbook.
13) I couldn’t grow a plant if my life depended on it. So I hope the apocalypse doesn’t happen soon.
14) I recently learned how to cook. As in the last year.
15) I’m still friends with my ex boyfriend from high school.
16) I am EXTREMELY drug sensitive. A half dose of most things is good enough for me. I have found this out many, many times over the years…the hard way.
17) I have a penchant for contracting rare or difficult to treat illnesses. C.Diff in 2005, possible ocular sarcoidosis (they still have no idea) in 2012. And I don’t react as expected to typical treatments. Lucky me.
18) The left side of my body hates me. My usual fibro pain is typically in my left shoulder/neck, left hip and left knee. Go figure.
19) I was in marching band. As a flag girl.
20) I have kept a journal off an on since I was 8.
So there you have it. I tried to throw in some health ones because I primarily blog about health issues.