Your favorite: recipe and comfort food
This one is tough. I absolutely love Italian food. I can’t handle the tomatoes too much with the acid reflux, but I love alfredo sauce, lasagna, garlic bread, seafood pasta, ravioli. Its great that I eventually married an Italian. When we were visiting his family at the end of December, his aunt made amazing food for us.
So here is a recipe:
To Die For Fettuccine Alfredo
24 ounces dry fettuccini pasta
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 pint heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccini and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter into cream over low heat. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt. Stir in cheese over medium heat until melted; this will thicken the sauce.
- Add pasta to sauce. Use enough of the pasta so that all of the sauce is used and the pasta is thoroughly coated. Serve immediately.